Senior PHP Developer
Plan A is looking for a positive, environmentally-friendly and experienced PHP developer to join the team.
Goals and Objectives
The Senior PHP Developer will have the responsibility to support the tech team to bring innovative data-driven ideas to life. Our software is built upon the Laravel framework hence we are specifically looking for someone who can support us with deep knowledge in PHP and working experience with Laravel is required. We are a small tech team where we count on everyone to bring their knowledge to the table to incrementally improve the codebase and the product. You would be involved in concepting new features as well as implementing and testing them. We also are happy to learn from you how we can optimize our development workflow further which is why we have regular retrospectives and 1 on 1s.
Plan A believes that companies have the power to pave the way to a more sustainable future for our world. We exist to help companies build a carbon-neutral and sustainable economy. We do this by providing a digital platform for companies to reduce their environmental impact, engage their employees, and drive their own agenda towards carbon neutrality.
We have developed the first Emissions Reduction Software which allows businesses to calculate, monitor and reduce their carbon footprint on a monthly basis. The software provides personalised sustainability action plans and sustainable development focused offsetting scheme that responds to the companies carbon footprint analysis.
The technology behind our software uses over 305,000 data points to provide the most efficient and accurate path to sustainability for companies. We continue to add both public and private data to our model so that companies have access to the most accurate and optimised plans on their journey towards sustainability
- Access to online learning platforms (e.g. Masterclass)
- Team outings (2/year)
- Monthly team dinner
- Access to fitness activities (e.g. Urban sports club)
- Optional home office days
- 25 vacation days per year
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and build complex new product features in cross-functional teams
- Maintain and improve the code quality by doing regular pro-active code reviews
- Help setting up interface tests using Laravel Dusk
- Maintain and optimize our development process and infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code and bitbucket pipelines
- Support the data team with building a data lake using AWS Lake Formation
- The Senior PHP Developer reports to the CTO
- A sincere dedication to environmental action!
- 4+ Years experience as a PHP Developer or similar
- 1+ Years experience in using Laravel
- Good understanding of the AWS infrastructure (Elastic Beanstalk)
- Ideally experience using Laravel Dusk
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Experience in terraform is a plus
- Fluency in English. Additionally, German is preferred and a third language is a plus.
At Plan A we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity and encourages you to be you. We believe that businesses should represent the world we want to live in, and so we encourage applications from people of different ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities and physical or neurodiversity. We value the contribution you bring, regardless of where it comes from, and look forward to your application.