Senior Backend Engineer
Plan A believes that companies have the power to pave the way to a more sustainable future for our world. We exist to help companies build a carbon-neutral and sustainable economy. We do this by providing a digital platform for companies to reduce their environmental impact, engage their employees, and drive their own agenda towards carbon neutrality.
We have developed the first Carbon Manager which allows businesses to measure, reduce and offset their carbon footprint. The software provides customized sustainability action plans and certified offsetting schemes for an end-to-end solution, wherever the company stands on the road to sustainability.
Plan A is based in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2017. We’re a happy team of sustainability minded humans from a bunch of different countries across the world. We want to create true change where it matters. Up for it?
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter, and a CV to [email protected] with the subject title:
Application for Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Access to online learning platforms (e.g. Masterclass)
- Team outings (2/year)
- Monthly team dinner
- Access to fitness activities (e.g. Urban sports club)
- Optional home office days
- 25 vacation days per year
Plan A is looking for a curious and ambitious Senior Backend Engineer to help us architect and build the next generation of our carbon emissions accounting system.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect and implement a flexible database system to store and retrieve core business data
- Work closely with our carbon accounting team to develop a generalised framework to combining business and scientific data to perform complex calculations
- Work with the rest of the engineering and product teams to deliver a best in class customer experience, with consistent consideration for security
- Ownership, collaboration, and mentorship within the engineering team and wider company
- Technical reviews and documentation
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Proven track record of architecting and engineering large scale commercial applications and services (on-premise and cloud)
- Proficiency in Python
- Background in FinTech or InsureTech, or similar security sensitive industry
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (preferred Terraform)
At Plan A we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity and encourages you to be you. We believe that businesses should represent the world we want to live in, and so we encourage applications from people of different ages, sexual orientations, ethnicities and physical or neurodiversity. We value the contribution you bring, regardless of where it comes from, and look forward to your application.