Why should you offset carbon?
Offsetting your carbon emissions sends a strong message to your community that you are committed to paving the way for a sustainable future. The funds from neutralising your carbon footprint will be providing low-carbon technology to communities most at risk to the impacts of climate change.
Improve health and the use of wood by disseminating cookstoves that use less wood and curb emissions.
Conserve and rejuvenate forests by driving community reforestation and conservation projects.
Waste to Energy
Transform organic waste into a renewable energy source by disseminating biodigesters.
Clean Water Filters
Improve health and reduce the use of wood for water boiling to curb emissions.
...and your plastic as well!
Offsetting your plastic footprint demonstrates that you are committed to solving the problem of plastic pollution. The funds from neutralising your plastic footprint will be providing a stable income and waste management technology to ocean plastic collection heros in South East Asia.
In order to work with projects that maximise both the environmental and socio-economic impact from funds generated by the sale of carbon credits, Plan A has determined that the Gold Standard certification ensures the highest quality of projects that go far beyond just reducing carbon to also facilitating the sustainable development of communities.
Plan A also enables offsetting pricing that is fair by hosting projects in our portfolio that have been certified under the Fairtrade Climate Standard. The Fairtrade Climate Standard is a standard that has been developed by Fairtrade International and Gold Standard to ensure that projects contribute to better living conditions for communities around the world that are most vulnerable to the impacts of climate change.
The Gold Standard certification process is a very stringent process that ensures that:
- There is evidence that the project has removed emissions from the atmosphere
- The project would not have happened if not for being financed through the carbon offset market = additionality
- The project will permanently ensure emissions reductions and permanent removal of emissions from the atmosphere
- An expert third party consistently monitors the project to make sure that the emissions reductions continue to be observed throughout the lifetime of the project
- There is no negative side effects of the project happening
- That each project addresses a minimum of three sustainable development goals included SDG 13 Climate Action